Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Found the Best Bibingka in Binan!

Finally ticked off a line on my bucket list for this year. Got to visit the cafe of Chef RV in Binan. It was an unplanned trip. I just mentioned to Sweetie while we were eating lunch that I was thinking of getting Chef RV's multipurpose pot to replace my Tefal wok which has degraded already. He said, "Let's go after lunch." Of course, I agreed and off we went to Binan. 

It's much easier for us now to go southwards on weekdays. It's actually easier than going to BGC or Makati. Traffic was light and we stopped over at Petron to get some coffee. Soon enough we were at the shop. I was so excited since it was my first time in Chef RV's shop. I have been watching his vids since we were in Singapore and was always curious to try his food. 




We've called the shop a couple of times in the last few months. They said their bibingka usually runs out by midday, so we were not hopeful we'd be able to buy some. We got lucky that day and we were able to buy two. We immediately snacked on it when we got home and I promptly regretted just buying two. It's the best bibingka I've tasted my whole life!




I'm honestly not really fond of eating bibingka. I eat it when it's available, but it's not something I crave for. Oftentimes, the taste of the banana leaf overpowers the bibingka. That or it's too sweet or too buttery, so I never developed a liking for it. Chef RV's bibingka though is different. I must say it's the first time I truly tasted the real flavor of bibingka. I liked it very much and hope we'd be able to buy some again soon!

Nomnomnomnom. 

**Haven't been able to do proper gardening since I got home from the hospital, so no garden updates for now :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment