Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Best Ube Cream Cake and Ube Cheese Pandesal Ever!

Going further south has been better for us than going to Makati or BGC. Few days after I got discharged Sweetie brought me on a quick trip to Binan. The idea was just to go on a short road trip, buy stuff within 15 minutes, and then turn-around and go home. And that's exactly what we did when we went to Chef RV Manabat's cafe in Binan. 




We experienced some traffic on the way home (toll exit blues), but getting stuck in traffic was worth it because the goodies we brought home were really good! Miggy and I tried the ube cheese pandesal first. I had him warm it in the toaster. I have been trying different ube cheese pandesal from various sources. Some were weird, haha. I really liked Chef RV's ube pandesal since the ube flavor plus the cheese balanced well. The cheese also tasted like my favorite cheese and not some inexpensive cheese. 




Tried the ube cream cake the day after. I only had a few bites of it since I wasn't supposed to be eating sweets yet post-discharge. It was amazing and I wish I could eat more! Next time I will get more slices or a whole cake (wish they have smaller sized cakes since there's just 3 of us and Sweetie doesn't like ube). Chef RV's ube cake is very unlike normal ube cakes. I love how he balanced the ube and cream. It was spot on. 




Aside from the ube flavored food, we also got tried the queso de bola cake which Sweetie liked a lot. Also tried the pistachio sansrival. I really liked the sansrival since it reminds me of Lachi's in Davao. Chef RV's pistachio sansrival though is light and has the perfect amount of sweetness for me. You could really see and taste the care he put in preparing the cakes! Maybe next time I'll buy the cake sampler so we can try all his cakes! 

Would love to go back soon, but it'll probably be better to do it after Christmas since traffic is really crazy right now. We'll probably stick to home-made or delivery from nearby places for the meantime. 

#BeKind #StaySafe






No comments:

Post a Comment