Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2021

The Unvaccinated

My Mom made sure I completed all the required vaccinations. I remember those times Ninang Lumen, my pedia, would bribe me with a lollipop everytime I got vaccinated. I was lucky also because I got my Mom's immunities to common illnesses like chickenpox and measles. When I became a Mom I made sure also to complete Miggy's vaccinations. 

They're starting to roll out new policies here. They're giving more benefits for those who are vaccinated. I wonder what will happen to people like me. I have a medical issue that would put me at risk if I get vaccinated. My vascular doctor identified me as one of those who can't be vaccinated. I could potentially die if I took the risk. 

Even if my doctor gives me a certificate I could carry I'd always be at risk. Sweetie and I were talking about how we're going to manage it. We'll have to take more precautions. This means I won't be enjoying any of the usual things I do like going to the mall or doing groceries. Honestly I don't want to live in fear, but I'm like a magnet to viruses. 

It's disenheartening, but this is the reality I'm facing right now. How does one live the life of a hermit?

Day 8 Minimalism Challenge, Journal for 20 minutes. I don't keep a journal anymore because my blog serves that purpose. Sometimes though when I feel like writing something which I want to keep to myself I write it on Google Docs or Google Keep. I have a planner where I try to keep track of daily milestones. I used to stick flight stickers on it. Now I just stick food delivery stickers on it. Since there's not much outdoor activity for me, I also keep a quilting journal. It's where I track completed projects. I do that so I could see the progress of my quilting hobby :)

CB///*Yr2/119 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/142 #NewG327 #Home85 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment