Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

10 Reasons Why I Bought a Chromebook

The last time I bought myself a laptop was in 2013. I had a rocky relationship with that laptop because it started deteriorating just before it turned one. The keyboard became unusable and had to be changed. Good thing it was still under warranty, but it was never the same after that. I still used it until early last year even though some keys were not working anymore. 

Oh yes, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to purchasing devices. It takes me years to decide to buy something new. Instead of buying I would use Sweetie or Miggy's discards until the laptop dies on me. I'm not fussy when it comes to devices as long as it works smoothly. I realized I probably spent more usage time on Miggy's old Toshiba Chromebook (2015) than on my 2013 laptop. Why? Because the Chromebook never gave me any headaches. I turn it on and boom I can do my tasks seamlessly. 


It was like Christmas when I received my first Chromebook. It was just there sitting on my desk. I started using it immediately. It was the first Pixel Chromebook. It was heavy but a beauty. I've had it for more than 5 years now and it still works! I fell in love with it and used my Mac less and less and one day just completely stopped using it. I realized I could do everything on the Chromebook anyway. 

The Chromebook has been perfect for me. Here are the reasons why I super love Chromebooks:

1. No maintenance needed. It updates by itself and just tells you to restart when needed (which is rare!).

2. It doesn't make me wait to use it. I turn it on and tada I could immediately do my stuff on it. 

3. You can do anything using a Chromebook. I write, edit videos, do social media etc. on it. There are a gazillion apps you can use from the Chrome Web Store and Play Store (Android). 

4. Amazing battery life. You can just go on and on. 

5. It's lightweight. I'm not allowed to carry heavy stuff so the weight has been perfect for me. 

6. It just keeps running! I have the gen 1 Samsung Chromebook which I got in 2014. It still works! Actually all my Chromebooks still works. 

7. You can work seamlessly on any device. 

8. In my experience, any Chromebook brand is good. I've used the Pixel (gen 1 and 2), HP, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, and Asus. It all worked for me. 

9. I never needed servicing for any of my Chromebooks. They all still work! 

10.  I feel secure when I use a Chromebook. Do you know Google pays money if you're able to hack it's browser? (News here).

So after 8 years and using Sweetie and Miggy's old devices I finally decided to gift myself with a new laptop. I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad Chromebook C13 Yoga. Reasons on why I got this device are here. It's supposed to be the Chromebook for grown-ups. It's a bit pricey, but I decided to invest on this Chromebook because I expect it would beat the number of years of service my 2013 laptop gave me (7 "good" years). I hope to have many years of happy time on this Chromebook. 

Oh, here's my unboxing video!



Day 18 Minimalism challenge, Go out without your phone. Oh this is something I can't do. I need to have a phone with me all the time in case of an emergency. Maybe I should remember to use my medical bracelet whenever I go out!

CB///*Yr2/129 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/152 #NewG317 #Home75 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment