Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Interruption as a Blessing

There's another huge interruption happening again back home. Today the Philippines recorded more than 7k new cases of COVID19. This is the highest number for a day. It is scary and I have been sending reminders to my family to stay home and stay safe. 

It is frustrating. I think we are all looking forward to the day when we can move around freely. Hug our family and friends anytime, anywhere. Be rid of face masks, face shields. Be without fear. I can't wait for the day I can be with my family again. 

I watched a reflection the other day. It suggested to look at things (especially getting sick) as an interruption. And that interruption may be a blessing in disguise. The same as this forced time out we are all experiencing. It's a major interruption for all us. Maybe to protect us from something more vile. 

I think the biggest blessing this pandemic has brought us is the time we're spending at home. We're all getting to explore other things too. It started with dalgona coffee last year, then gardening, harvesting veggies we planted, to baking (remember it was so hard to buy yeast?). There was an exponential uptake of using online tools too. 

I remember when I was in high school, me and my friends were thinking that in the future we'd just be meeting via our computers. At that time internet was not available to everyone yet and most computers just had monochrome monitors. Now we can video call anyone on our phone. We are lucky we have all these technologies today to keep in touch. 

I don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks, months or years. We just have to ride on, be safe and see this interruption as a blessing. 

P.S. I have been participating in the #9010Challege. It's where I list down 9 blessings and a prayer before I sleep for 7 days. Check it out on my page

CB///344 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/7 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment