Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy


I've always been a Daddy's little girl. When I was a kid my Dad would always bring me out on dates. We'd head to Luk Yuen at Quad (Glorietta wasn't around yet) and he'd always order noodles and siopao. During that time I only liked eating the siopao skin my Dad would peel off from the siopao. There would be days that we'd go to Dayrit's and I always ordered what I believed were giant cheeseburgers. At home my I only eat crab if my Dad opens it up for me and he'd put gata on my rice with a bit of calamansi. I remember those dates vividly to this day. Oh and he always bought me cotton candy.

My Dad's love for me is bottomless despite the fact that I have let him down countless of times. He was very strict and the only time I lost my curfew was when I got accepted in my current job (I was 30 already!). I thought it was really unfair and I rebelled many, many times, but my Dad has always been there for me and I'm really glad that he is my Dad. I would not have it any other way.

Here are some of the most important lessons I learned from him:

1. be service-oriented
2. be humble
3. live simply
4. Family first
5. always ask guidance from the Lord

I love you very much Dad. Happy Father's Day!

Happy father's day also to my Kuya, Kuya Johnny, Tito Deejay (my future father-in-law), my uncles, cousins and friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's day Mr. Apolo ! It's an honor to be his future son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete