Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jai Ho

A few weeks before the movie Slumdog Millionaire won an Oscar award for Best Picture, my video-s-to-watch supplier, Jerome, sent me a link to the song "Jai Ho". I just groaned then because he kept sending me videos of Susmita Sen that week. I thought I had more than enough Bollywood stuff for that week and was unwilling to watch any more videos. But Jerome insisted and ever the masunurin I obliged him. 

I found the song kinda weird at first but eventually got into the beat and liked it. Miguel kept asking me, "What's that? What's that?" because he got curious. We ended up playing the song over and over again that afternoon.

It's amazing how CPDRC manages to put together their dances and they've been at it for some time now (2 years?). And all their prisoners also look very fit! 

Here are Cebu prisoners doing a well-choreographed dance to the tune of Jai Ho -




5 comments:

  1. this surely will become another you tube sensation. am just proud these inmates have done their time in a creative pursuit. damn they're good! they all dance well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooooot! may jai ho version din pala sa kulungan :D wah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ang astig nyan :) I didn't know about that tlga hnd ko magets ang weird kasi haha!!

    http://candy-blush.net
    http://earthlingchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. galing nila sumayaw! ang galing, may cooperation pa din cla kahit na mga prisoners cla.. this means na khit nakakulong cla, hindi nten cla dapat maliitin! dba ate aileen? ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sinong Fernand Yim yung naunang nag-comment dito? Naka-connect sa site ko pero hindi ako yung nag-comment...weird.

    ReplyDelete