Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mapping the Philippines

The only map that I can draw perfectly is the map to my home. I don't have a good sense of direction and more often than not I get lost. So that's one of the reasons why I don't drive. I'm also bad at understanding maps! Geeezzzz.

But! Since there's available information arleady in Google Maps and Google Mapmaker for the Philippines I can now easily get around with street and landmark information. Yay!

Last week I had the pleasure of attending (and fixing up a bit) the Google Mapmaker event which brought together mappers, developers, bloggers and even geologists! It was really exciting to see more updates from different parts of the country. Here are some -

Angeles City


Cagayan de Oro City


Dagupan City


Pangasinan City


More videos available on these Youtube channels: Mapmaker and GooglePhilippines.

It's quite easy to put together a mapping event, there's a lot of info on the Google Mapping Kit.

Here are some photos from the party -


Super duper thanks and hugs to everyone who came despite the rain and the tornado, especially to the all-star mappers - Leonel, Dante and Wayne. Do join them in the unofficial Google Mapmaker Philippines group and learn more about how to map your area (please do edits on Google Mapmaker so I won't get lost as often! LOL).



Read more about the event:

Filipino Voices

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Hi Ms. Aileen Apolo. I read your blog regarding Google's events. May I kindly request to be a part of it by being a volunteer, audience, participants whatever the right term. :)

    Btw, I'm a php programmer from US AutoParts Philippines


    Thanks

    ReplyDelete