Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Farewell MJ

The very first casette tape I had my Dad buy me when I was a kid was Michael Jackson's Thriller album. Yup, I was only 7 years old that time and MJ was already my favorite.

Sweetie woke me up with an SMS about the passing of Michael Jackson. I couldn't believe it because I always thought he'd always be there since he is an artist who has transcended several genrations already. His music has also influenced many artists, especially locally (read more about that at Titikpilipino).

And his signature dance moves definitely got a lot of people dancing, including me when I was a kid. Remember this?



The death of Michael Jackson is truly a great loss for all of us. Thank you MJ for being part of my childhood. I have a lot of fond childhood memories because of your music. You will definitely be remembered. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up with MJ too. I loved his music, dance moves, MTVs, concerts...everything. I wish he was able to release new songs before he died. He will definitely be missed.

    ReplyDelete