Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Starstruck!

I think I've seen so many stars this week. It started out earlier this week with Christian Bautista, then Rachelle Ann Go with Jeremy Marquez and then last night Bo Sanchez.


I've been a fan of Bo Sanchez for the longest time. I almost worked for Kerygma as a writer back in college, but I had to beg off because the office was too far away (and back then internet connection wasn't this easy). I've been reading his books and other published works for quite some time now and have even encouraged my friends to read his books. Why? Because they're inspirational and they help in improving one's faith and relationship with God.


Two years ago I read in one of his books that as a single person you should manage to serve better. When I was a kid I used to be so active in our Parish. I was either an officer or a member of so many organizations. I eventually trimmed things down and just remained active in the Sun Valley Music Ministry (16 years now!). During the time I read that book I was sooo busy preparing to launch LUK4, but there was that nagging feeling that I was set to do something for my service.


And the day came that our Parish Priest, Fr. Leo Acierto, C.P. invited parishioners to join in creating a parish newsletter. Di ako mapakale. Well, eventually I ended up being it's editor despite the busy schedule. Somebody said that serving is never easy. Believe me, it hasn't.


So imagine how thrilled (galak na galak na galak!) I was when Bo Sanchez showed up in yesterday's Blog Parteeh `07. I was talking with someone and was half-listening to the program and thought that he'd appear through a video message. My jaw dropped when he suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Grabeh! I was so embarrased with the person I was talking with coz I became so distracted (sorry po!).


After Bo's short talk I excused myself and went up to him immediately. I introduced myself as a fan. Sigggghhhh. And then Brother Bo had to go and interview someone and I had to do my spiel for the bloggers. I thought that was the end of it, but Jomar approached me and said that Brother Bo wanted to interview me for his video blog. My jaw dropped a second time that evening. Me? I said, "Me?"


I guess I was tulala most of the time in the interview. I completely forgot to mention that aside from my social communications ministry duties I was active in our parish choir. Oh well, I was just simply thrilled and couldn't wait for my Mom and sister-in-law to get home from Bicol so I can make tsismis about this once in a lifetime opportunity.


Jomar gave away some free books and I asked Brother Bo for an autograph in his book "How to Find Your One True Love". He signed it, "Create love." Uyyy, create love... (Read related post).


It was truly an enchanted evening for me. It's been 24 hours and I'm still starstruck...

Read my views about loving in my post "When God Writes Your Love Story".

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Hey Aileen. Nakaka-starstruck nga ito. I find his books to be very easy and fun to read. No wonder he is breaking ground here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, bo interviewed you. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Starstruck nga. You were all smiles in the pictures! Glad to have met you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was really, really happy to meet him. He's human pala and real! I hope he manages to touch more and more lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:01 PM

    hi aileen... didn't get to talk much and it was I whom Bo interviewed after the photo ops. Buti na lang pala ininterview ka rin kundi lagot ako (j/k) =)

    And I didn't know you are active in the parish.. Am actually looking for contributors and catholic bloggers for my planned re-design/re-launch of mabutingbalita.net....

    I'll send/post pics soon..I think I have some with you and Bo... and other bloggers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Jun, I've been active since I was a kid. Used to be a best kept secret coz I didn't want my "roles" to be mixed up... well until Brother Bo came along. Sure! Let me know na lang. I publish my parish newsletter column in my other blog svhomegrown.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ate aileen.^__^ wow bo sanchez! and the fan became the interviewee pa. hehe amazing.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've met him a couple of times already pero hanggang ngayon starstruck pa rin ako. =)) It's like when I talk to him I know for sure God loves me no matter how sinful I am. :D

    Anyway, nice meeting you at the parteeh! You had me starstruck too, because you're working for Google (which is like, where all my CompSci friends and I dream of working at). :D Hope to see you again soon! God bless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina, Nice meeting you too at the party! Basta magtyaga ka lang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Aileen, your interview with Bo ...airs today. Feb 1.
    http://preacherinbluejeans.com

    :) Jomar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jomar! Shucks, I still can't get over being starstruck! :)

    ReplyDelete