Pages

Friday, March 15, 2024

Homemade Thai Style Iced Tea

We found a bag of ChaTruMue at Daiso. Promptly bought a bag so we could make our own Thai milk tea at home. I watched a few videos to see which would work best for us. The idea of mixing milk and condensed milk seemed like the best option. 





I didn't have the usual materials used to steep the tea traditionally, so I just used Sweetie's tea pot. I steeped 30 grams of tea with 750 ml of hot water. I let it steep for a few minutes and then let it cool. While waiting for it to cool, I mixed 1:1 of milk and condensed milk. I put it in a milk pitcher so we could use the leftover for coffee the next day. 

I made 2 glasses of milk tea for me and Miggy, the rest Sweetie drank as tea. It's pretty potent at 10 grams for 250 ml. If you don't want the kabog just use 7 grams of tea. We liked though how sharper the taste was compared to buying ready-made from restos. Here's a short video of how I made it:




*Tip: it's a good idea to mix a small can of condensed milk plus an equal amount of milk into a small milk jug. You can store it in the fridge. Just make sure to cover it and finish it within a week. We used it with coffee and it tastes like Spanish latter/kopi. No need for sugar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment