Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

K-Love (the series)

To be honest, I've watched only a handful of K-drama shows. I only recently signed up for Viu because my friends have been recommending watching "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" for a few years now. I haven't watched it because I don't like reading subtitles while watching. I want to take in the visuals whenever I watch and reading subtitles is not fun for my eyes.

Anyway, I chanced upon the series "K-Love" on Viu while browsing for shows. I got interested because Sweetie's cousin is part of the cast. I had no idea what the show was about, but gave it a try and got hooked! I roped in Sweetie too and we finished the series in just 3 days (well, I had fever and was forced to rest haha).

I actually liked the series. The characters were well-developed. The cast was well-chosen and believable. There was no dull moment in the story. I laughed and cried with the characters and was certainly gigil with how infuriatingly slow the lovebirds came together, haha. The narrator explained that's how K-dramas go. 




What I particularly liked is the reveal at the end that the narrator is the writer of the story. I am fond of stories written that way because of Louisa May Alcott. She wrote Little Women based on their family, narrating the story through the main character, Jo. I also like the fact that the writer had a happy ending. The series certainly kept me going while fighting fever. 

I enjoyed the series even though I was clueless with the K-drama and Korean artists they mentioned (haha). Well, I have Viu now, so I can probably start with shows that have been dubbed in Tagalog. In the meantime, I'm watching Flower of Evil too. Haha. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment