Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Wellness Wednesdays: In Pain? Go See a Doctor

My boys have been experiencing some arm and leg pain the past few months. They kept using ice and saying they were okay, no need to see a doc. One thing my favorite cardiologist advised me a long time ago was to go see a doctor when you feel pain. He said sometimes you get used to it and just accept it as normal. That's not good he said because you can get in more trouble if you don't address pain immediately. 





I got in huge trouble for doing just that. Thought I could plow through my breathing issues and I figured that the asthma meds were enough. I only sought a second opinion when I almost fainted at work, plus I could barely walk from one floor to another. Good thing I made it on time because I had a huge clot in my lungs by the time it was discovered. 

And so I insisted for my boys to see a doctor. We were luckily referred to a really good doctor and now they are on the mend. Also nagging my tito to see a doctor since he's been having leg pain after having COVID-19. I'm nagging because we probably have the same body make up and I don't want him to suffer like I did. 

A lot of patients in the groups I'm in always advise, "When in doubt, go see a doctor." Granted our issues are extraordinary, but I think this applies to everyone. Prevention is key, so when in pain, go see a doctor!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment