Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

#EgayPH

We're onto our fifth typhoon this year and it became a super typhoon (now downgraded). Thought I'd write about our experience so far. #EgayPH or typhoon Doksuri (international name) is very different from the other typhoons we've experienced. 

Past 1 in the morning last night, sudden intense torrential rain dropped on our roof. It sounded so different from other rainshowers we've experienced. It dropped so fast on our roof, it felt like we were in a tin can being pounded by stones. The strange thing is it didn't even last long. The cycle happened several times last night and this morning. I know because the strong rain would wake me up every time it fell.

Aside from the strange intense intermittent rain, there was also a lot of wind. We'd hear it howling every so often. My friends said they experienced the same in other parts of the metro. I can just imagine how scary it must be up north. 

I was in Baguio running an event when typhoon Yolanda hit. The wind rattled the windows of the hotel and I thought it was going to break. I didn't allow Juned to go home that day and had him stay with us in our room. I would not have been able to sleep if he traveled back by bus with the typhoon going on.

I hope and pray everyone is safe. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment