Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Thank You for Your Love

I realized last night that whenever I get hospitalized for a long time it comes in twos. The same thing happened in 2013 after heart surgery. I was confined again then because they had to open me up again. That was more challenging, but back then my will was made of steel. I faced everything bravely. I was unfazed even when my doctor told me years later they almost lost me back then.

Slowly getting their again (I'm still on sloth pace). Thanks Sweetie for the cute shirt.

It was only last December when I realized I'm getting older. My ENT (who I believe is a genius) years ago told me I was still young and should continue to be active. He reminded me he's been my doctor for 8 years now and that we're all older and our bodies change. My cardiologist and cardiovascular surgeon have also changed the advise they've been giving, also because they're getting on with age. 

I got a book from Kerygma Books "The Beauty of 40" by Dr. Michelle Alignay. I'm going through it slowly and learning things about this phase of my life. I should have gotten this book 5 years ago. As my doctor said, "You can't continue living like you're still in your 20s."


I had a good cry last night. The most heartbreaking thing about this challenge is seeing Sweetie and Miggy worried. I realized though that God only gives you challenges you can manage and learn from. I cried also because I'm so tired from being well for a few hours then fatigued for the rest of the day. That's not me. I can usually go on and on and on. 

I'm grateful for so many things. The love from Sweetie, Miggy, my family, my friends, my community. The care of my doctors, nurses, housekeeping and the uncles and aunties who feed me (I noticed th let give me a muffin for supper if I finish my food haha). Everyone wants me to be well and that's what I'm holding onto. I believe Jesus will heal me in His time.

CB///293 #StuckAtHomeDay/323 #StayHome #BeKind


No comments:

Post a Comment