Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Adventures

I've had my fair share of adventures in my lifetime. Luckily my guardian angel has always kept me safe. Here are some of the memorable ones:

1. Popstar in Pakistan

A few years back I had the opportunity to visit the beautiful land of Pakistan. In one week we covered Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. The most memorable moment came when we arrived in Lahore. As we were on our way out of the airport a group of media people ran after us. Our guide half carried me to our car since I couldn't run fast enough. During dinner our guide explained why media was trying to get to us. He said they thought I was the Korean popstar arriving that day! Hahaha.



2. White Water Rafting in Cagayan de Oro

When I was still working for a local company one of my tasks was to go to our regional office and conduct trainings. The sales team became my friends and they arranged for me to come with them to Cagayan de Oro which is famous for its river. Back then there was only one rafting level you could go through: intense. I was quite underweight then and they practically had to tie me up to the raft to keep me from falling over. We did take dips in the water to cool off, but after experiencing what seemed to be a snake brushing my leg I stayed in the boat for the rest of the course. The end of the course required everyone to jump from a 3-story high giant rock. I survived.

3. Borobudur in Yogyakarta

Six months after open heart surgery, I climbed this temple with help from JR and Vanj =)



4. Morocco

I had the chance to spend a few days in Morocco. The time I spent there was mostly for work, but it was a huge adventure for me to visit that region for the very first time.



5. Davao Zipline

This was the most important zipline I went on because it started a whole new adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment