Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BenCab

I was blown away with the galleries of artwork displayed at the BenCab Museum. I've always wanted to go but just didn't have time everytime I visited Baguio. Good thing though Iosif badly wanted to go as well so that gave me more drive to make time to visit the museum (I'm seriously a workaholic!).



I originally thought that the gallery would just display all artworks by BenCab. Showcased were artworks (paintings, sculptures etc.) by other Filipino artists. I would have stayed all day to scrutinize each artwork but we only had an hour.



Here's some of the artworks I appreciated more:


This painting depicts me at rest! Sweetie laughed when I showed him the photo. The only way I could sleep is when it's really dark. 


I love backpacks and I was fascinated with the collection of warrior backpacks. 


I love, love this. If I could paint I would immortalize my son's baby clothing too (now it's just somewhere at the back of my closet). 


Love and intimacy.


Minion? I couldn't help but smile when I saw this artwork. It was probably made long before the movie.

There was one other painting that moved me, but it seems I forgot to take a photo. It was a lady in red and you can feel her anxiousness. It struck me that she didn't want to be in the painting and that something bad was about to happen. I shivered involuntarily when I was admiring the painting.  

I do not know how to draw, so I was in awe of all the talent that was housed in the museum. I felt the love and passion in each of the work that was displayed and I couldn't help but feel envious of their talent. I think I would try to visit the museum again if I get the chance. I was certainly inspired to re-start a project that I was working on years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment