Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

My 2014 Plan

“Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'it will be happier'...” ― Alfred Tennyson

2013 has been a challenging year and I was really looking forward to the arrival of the new year. I stopped writing down resolutions and plans a few years back since I never seem to complete it, but I thought I'd make a short list of things I want to do this year:

Be More Social! And I don't mean spending more time on social networking sites. I didn't really have a social life last year since I had to spend most of my non-work hours recuperating from surgery, so I hope to be able to spend more time in person with my family and friends this year.

Read More Books. I have several piles of books waiting to be read. I didn't have any time to read that much last year (but I kept buying books!), so I hope allot more time to read.

Blog More! I made less than 30 posts last year, most of it when I was on medical leave. Writing keeps me sane and has been my outlet to destress since I was 8 years old. I will blog more this year.

Be More Healthy! My heart has been repaired and is good as new, but I have to take care of it so it stays healthy. I also need to seriously go down to my ideal weight (although my other doc says he likes me as I am now).

And most importantly I hope to be a better Servant and be true to my mission. My life was extended because I still have a mission to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment