Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The 10 New Things I Did in 2013

I used to make a similar post every year before. A similarly themed post was actually my first blog post on Friendster many years ago (haha!), so I thought maybe I should make a list of the things I did for the first time last year.

(10) Host 6 teacher workshops in 3 cities in one month. I had a killer Q4 schedule and it was my first time to host a workshop purely for teachers. I'm glad I had a great team who made it easy for me. I certainly learned a lot in doing this project.


(9) Go to Lake Sebu. I've always wanted to go visit Lake Sebu and this was first my out of town trip after the surgery. The people in Lake Sebu were certainly very warm and friendly.



(8) Wear a tribal costume in an international summit. I have always wanted to attend an event which would allow me to proudly wear our national costume.



(7) Visit Bangladesh. I have always been curious about Bangladesh and I must say everything was just really different in Dhaka, the food, the people, the traffic. I hope if I ever get the chance to visit again I wouldn't get sick.


(6) Have 136 kids!



(5) Have heart surgery. More about this in my blog from Q1 2013.



(4) Be at my heaviest. Argggggghhhh, I gained so much weight in the second half of 2013 and it seems my metabolism has finally slowed down.

<skipping the photo here, see below>

(3) Try scorpion. I tried a tiny piece. Made me feel weird all over after.


(2) Visit Ho Chi Minh. I love the baguette Philip had me try!



(1) Color my hair! Red!


I know I won't be able to do extreme sports stuff anymore (like going on a zipline, white water rafting) but I hope to have the chance to experience a lot of new things in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment