Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Independence Day! (And a Google Doodle for Us!)


This year's Independence Day feels different, probably because we are all looking forward to a fresh start with the proclamation of President-Elect Noynoy Aquino (congratulations P. Noy!). It's probably the same feeling that our ancestors had 112 years ago.

Last March I had a strange conversation with an elder in Cebu. He was trying to convince me NOT to vote. He said it was useless since nothing would change anyway. Well... my bottomless optimism got me through almost 4 hours of waiting in line just to vote. And I'm definitely not stopping by just voting because I told myself I will try my best to serve my country in however little way I can. I hope that old man will realize that if he wants to see change happen, it has to start with him.

"Be the change you want to see." (Saw that on a shirt yesterday).

Happy Independence Day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i like that "bottomless optimism"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Independence Day, Aileen.

    I had my Independence Ride from Manaoag to San Fabian, Pangasinan to Damortis, Sto. Tomas, LU then back to San Fabian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said

    commemorating the freedom brought by our ancestors and reliving it everyday! ..

    ReplyDelete