Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Philippine Tarsier


Tarsiers are quite adorable creatures. I made the photo (above) my wallpaper and showed it off to my colleagues and they wondered what it was. Tarsiers are primates (not monkeys) and they have really huge eyes (as big as their brain) and their tail is longer than their body. According to our tour guide Dolly, tarsiers are nocturnal animals, territorial and are very sensitive. When tend to kill themselves when they get too stressed out (so turn off your cam's flash when taking their photo).

During our trip to Bohol last May I was overjoyed to see healthier tarsiers. The last time I went to Bohol the tarsiers I saw at the Loboc river cruise boarding area didn't look all that happy, probably because they were in a cramped place and there were just too many people poking at them. It was a different experience for me during my last visit to Bohol. The tarsiers I saw were plump, happy and I even managed to feed one! Woohoo!

Here's a couple of really cute photos I took during my trip to Bohol:





You may want to read more about my trip to Bohol:
The Bohol Ati Tribe
Tubigon
I Heart Panglao

No comments:

Post a Comment