Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Day of School Blues

I started my day early yesterday and had my whole day planned out. I realized when Miguel's classes started that it would be best for me to stay up after the school bus picks him up at 5:30 in the morning. Finish chores and other stuff by 7 and then start work at that time as well. I am also more productive in the morning especially when I need to do some pencil pushing.

My day was going on well and I managed to finish more tasks since both the boys were out. It was a really great idea to start things early. Nothing was going to spoil my perfectly planned day. I was dead wrong. I forgot that it was the first day of school for most schools and EDSA was like a parking lot (again). I always leave for meetings an hour ahead of time since I hate being late.

I told my appointment 15 minutes before our scheduled time that I was running late. He said it was fine. Thirty minutes later I was still stuck in traffic and I felt that it was going to take another 45 minutes before I would reach his office (what a shame!). I called him up, hung my head in shame, and requested to re-schedule our meeting. Good thing he was really gracious about it. Whew!

Gee... so much for economic growth no thanks to EDSA's epic heavy traffic. I do certainly hope that whoever sits as MMDA head would have an iron hand and implement the law.

1 comment:

  1. i also failed to realize that it was the first day of school when i went out that day. but i really had to schedule getting my documents so i didnt have much of a choice. i learned from some friends too that their travelling time doubled that day. buti sana kung 5 naging 10 min. but it's more like 1 naging 2 hours. Que horor !

    ReplyDelete