Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Inspiring the Uninspired

“I feel so uninspired.”

That was my friend’s status in her IM. I wondered why she was feeling uninspired. Bumped into her in the office, but was quite busy with meetings and I didn’t notice her go home. She’s always so bubby, makulit and full of laughter and that status worried me.

So I sent her an SMS and asked why she’s been feeling that way. She said she didn’t know why she was so uninspired. She felt demotivated and wasn’t feeling happy about her work. She had a lot of deductions in her salary because of her absents. Her OT didn’t do much and sometimes she had to make abono for some work. Oh my…

Last week I was stuck in this huge, huge rut. I was in a hole I couldn’t get out of. I didn’t know why I was feeling that way. I was busy with work. I was the workaholic from a year ago. Staying up late to finish up. Despite the hectic pace I was keeping I was still in a rut.

During the weekend I kept myself busy by going to the mall with my family and friends. I had back-to-back schedules with no time to rest. But I was still in a rut.

And then on Sunday night, after all the noise and with everybody asleep, my body was weak, feverish, my mind was still churning with things I wanted to do, but the flesh was weak. So I turned to reading Didache, and this is what it said, “The bowl will not run out of flour nor will the jar run out of oil before the day that I, the Lord, send rain.” (1 Kings 17:14).

The reflection said that the Lord wants us to experience drought, so that when the rain comes, you would enjoy it.

And that got me out of my hole.

And I thought, there are things that I have now because that is what I need. It means I have so much to do before God gives me the things I am praying for. And the things I need to do I will only manage to do because the state I am in now is the perfect situation to implement my mission.

May you be inspired my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment