Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Groundbreaking and House Blessing

Our foreman advised it was best to do the ground-breaking and house blessing ceremony once they've dug the foundation. We waited a few weeks and finally Manong Val messaged us to go ahead and plan for the ground-breaking and house blessing. We also got advice from him on what usually goes on and we did some research too. 




We first secured a priest who would be available and then worked on the other stuff as the date drew near. Here's a list of what we worked on:

  • Candles
  • Food
  • Tarpaulin printing of the perspective made by architect
  • Time capsule which included the perspective, drawings, religious items, and coins. I had Miggy paint the container gold. I checked my photos, of course, I forgot to take a photo of what I placed inside the time capsule. Whoever eventually demolishes the house in the future would find out, haha.
  • Shovel (also painted gold) and hard hats

We went a bit early on the day of the ground-breaking and house blessing. I had met an accident and was still hopping around, so the boys had to assist me in going to the basement where the blessing was going to happen. It was surreal to see a huge part of the house gone. In my mind everything is still the same. I think it will only change when we've finally moved in. 



Fr. Marvin arrived and we had a simple blessing and celebration with the construction team. It was a happy occasion and it felt right. I was really sad when they started demolishing the house, but that day I felt light. The blessing brought in a new energy to our future home and I felt everyone who lived in it and passed were happy for us. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment