The bad air quality has been present for awhile now. I regularly check since it triggers me to have an asthma attack. I noticed it last August despite the rain. It would make itself felt when the rain stops. The air becomes heavy. My eyes start feeling heavy and itchy when the air quality is bad.
Here's what I usually do:
- Monitor air quality indicators. I use the IQ Air app since that's what DENR also uses.
- Take my asthma medication. Increase puffs and spray as needed.
- Wear N95 mask when outdoors.
- Use air purifiers at home.
- Keep facial absorbent paper handy in case my eyes get oily.
- Keep essential oils handy (eucalyptus radiata and RC)
- Use portable air purifier in the car when I need to go out.
- Stay indoors.
The particulate matter brought by bad air quality is hazardous. I lived in Singapore for 10 years and I didn't have asthma growing up. Bad air quality helped deteriorate my lungs and that's why I now have asthma. It is my kryptonite and that's why I warn about bad air quality whenever it happenes.
Take care of your lungs!
#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:
Post a Comment