Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Miracle Sundays: Be Not Afraid

Today is the Transfiguration where Jesus brought some of the disciples with him and told them to "Get up...and Be not afraid". They were terrified after hearing a voice from the clouds. 

What Jesus is telling us here is that we should not be afraid of the unknown. The disciples got scared because they were not familiar with the voice they heard. We all get scared. I was terrified of reciting in class and performing on stage. I still felt the same way when I had to present in front of an audience. I also got the hibbie jibbies whenever I to present my quarterly report. 

Survived all of it by praying. A lot of people asked me if I wasn't scared when I had heart surgery, twice. I was strangely very calm when I was wheeled in the operating theater both times. I had a decade to prepare for surgery and I just left it all to His Will. I had no doubt that the doctors would take good care of me. It was many years later when they told me they almost lost me. They said my Will was very strong and I fought back. I told them it wasn't my will, but His. 

Today's Gospel is a good reminder for me not to be afraid. The past year has been very rough health-wise. I need to constantly remind myself that I should just live everything to Him and live my life the best way I can. 


#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment