Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Makati Med Looks So Different Now

I haven't been to Makati Med for almost 10 years now. The last time I was there was to visit Titay or Tito Ben. I needed to see a doctor since I haven't had a face-to-face check-up since I got home. The booster shot seemed to have a bad effect on me because I've been having chest pains for a few weeks now. I've also been having frequent asthma attacks. 

Any chance to go out is a treat for me! Good thing we went early because we were able to find parking. I felt a little lost when we reached the ground floor. Everything looked different! The lobby now looks like the hospitals in Singapore. There are two towers now and I was clueless on how to get around. Luckily they have a lot of security staff you can inquire from. 

My doctor's office used to have wooden interiors. It's now mostly all white! My pulmo at Makati med  is my original doctor. His wife was my original cardiologist. They've been taking care of our family for several decades now. I hope they can unearth my old xrays so they can compare and maybe get a better view of what has happened to me. 



The best thing about the new look of Makati Med is the improvement in processes. I was ordered to do a chest xray. I just went down to the ground floor, presented the memo and I was done in less than 20 minutes. By early evening I received a message that I could view the results in the app. I could also easily share the information to others (i.e. my doctors in SG) by sending them a link (only available though for seven days). They just need a browser to view the xray.

Something really funny though happened. I've gotten multiple xrays already and I'm familiar with the process. After they took the shot, they hurriedly asked me if I removed my bra. I said yes. I was puzzled why they asked me. They had me wait while a senior radiologist checked the xray. He reassured me everything was okay and let me go. I realized the staff who run the xray were probably pretty junior. They mistook my sternal wires as bra wires. Hahaha! That's the first time this happened to me. Maybe the pandemic has really kept rare creatures like me away from hospitals. 

I'm still giggling about it until today. I'm still really wary about going to the hospital, but I trust my doctor. If he says it's safe for me, then I just need to be extra cautious and follow protocols. Praying what they found in my xray can be resolved easily. That means I really need to be stress free!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment