Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Happiness in Boba

"Boba" refers to the pearls you put in milk tea. In Filipino we normally call it "sago". We don't normally use the term "boba" to refer to the pearls because it means "dumb" in Filipino. I noticed most milk tea shops here use the term "bubble tea" than boba tea hehe. 

I've been so morose the last few days I thought I'd look back at the time before all our lives changed. One of the things we were able to do was visit the Bubble Tea Factory in Singapore. I blogged about it a bit before, but I think I have better appreciation now of that day we went to see the exhibit. 2019 seems so far away, but looking at how carefree we were going around made me miss the pre-pandemic days more. 

Here's more photos from that day we visited the Bubble Tea Factory -





I love milk tea! I prefer to drink it without pearls though (they said that's where the calories are). What I miss most in SG is Toast Box teh peng. Well, my seatmate, David, would be happy to know, I've managed to reduce drinking milk tea to just once a week now. I only drink an extra cup if there's an emergency. LOL. 

#BeKind #StayHome

No comments:

Post a Comment