Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

Coping, Ugh

It's Monday again and I'm annoyed with myself. A week ago I had a venogram and angiogram to finally figure out what's been causing my blood clots. I breezed through the procedure. The funny thing was I thought I dozed off and we haven't started. Apparently I was put under as soon as we got in the OR haha. 

I'm annoyed with myself because I've been unproductive for a week now. I haven't been able to exercise since the two puncture wounds still need to heal. I thought I'd be able to do some sewing at least, but I've spent several afternoons just napping! 

I know I shouldn't be annoyed at myself since I do need to recover from the procedure. It just gets frustrating at times and I feel helpless. I've always been action oriented so being at rest is hard. Dear Todd Robertson, a patient advocate for pulmonary embolism, sent a quote to the group -


I oftentimes have to remind myself that the challenge I'm going through is temporary. With faith, prayers and the help of my doctors I will get healed. I must admit though, it gets scary because blood clots can be fatal. I have been very blessed to have survived two episodes. Staying positive and believing God will heal me is key. 

I realize now that the past week has been good. We did a week-long celebration of Sweetie and Miggy's birthday. We indulged and had good food. I had some pain on my leg due to the wound, but it was tolerable and Panadol eased the pain. I finally managed to create the video on how to re-pot sunflowers (watch it here). I made several tribute posts for PNoy. Most importantly I was able to finally get through Mom's phone and hear mass via YouTube on Sunday. 

I'm still in the process of forgiving myself for getting sick. I remember my Dad was also very hard on himself when he got sick. I still have a lot of fire in me and I have established new dreams for my family. Please help me in this fight and include me in your prayers. :)

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/c/aileenapolo


And please humor me by subscribing to my YouTube channel. I have useful videos on gardening, cooking and sewing in it. I also make random vids about my life when I feel up to it, but I enjoy making tutorials more than vlogging about my life. 

Have a blessed week everyone!

CB///*Yr2/79 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/106 #StayHome #BeKind  

No comments:

Post a Comment