Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Everyone Can Bloom Under the Sun

One thing I love most about my job is the opportunity to work with communities. I think it was fate that lead me to work with communities. I realized early on that I needed help. Many people reached out to help and I realized that I had the unique opportunity to encourage others to contribute to their chosen advocacy.

That's one of the things I've been doing in the last fourteen years. It started with developers, then entrepreneurs, students and now educators. Early on I knew it was not about me, but about showing others that they can each bloom beautifully under the sun.



Working with communities is like planting. Sow the seeds, nurture it until it sprouts, water and give it nutrients until it grows and blooms. It's not all rosy all the time. Pests can ruin your plants. The pests come in the form of off-track personal motivations, jealousy and differing of values. It gets really challenging and sometimes stress causes me to get sick.

So much like when my plants get sick I respond to the issue with love. There are several ways to manage plant issues -- pruning, adding nutrients, spraying water with baking soda, re-potting and even moving them around helps. Patience is key and in no time things will be back on track. It's hard though to spread the love evenly especially when your are taking care of many plants.

The best thing about it is when the plants bloom and stand tall under the sun.


CB//136 #StuckAtHomeDay/166 #WFH98 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment