Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Little Women

I got the chance to watch Repertory Philippines' "Little Women" last weekend. And it was just fitting that I watched it with my Ate (elder sister), the real one (I have a lot of sisters you see).



Little Women was my sister's first "big book" and it was mine too. If you haven't read it yet, the novel written by Louisa May Alcott in 1868 is about 500 pages long. I read the book during my eleventh summer and Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy has ever since been in my list of favorite book characters.

I was really excited to watch the play. My favorite characters were brought to life by a great cast. I especially loved how Beth and Marmee were portrayed. The whole cast had superb voices (although one seemed paos), but Cara Barredo's voice shone through. I loved how she portrayed Beth -- the most laid back among the March sisters. Pinky Marquez' portrayal of Marmee was a pleasant surprise for me. I absolutely loved her voice and quiet strength -- a perfect Marmee! Caisa Borromeo was as energetic as the Jo March I had come to love which reading all of Louisa May Alcott's novels (well she was in most of it). Amongst the male cast I have to say that I loved Jeff Arcilla's portrayal of Professor Bhaer. In the novel Professor Bhaer only came out towards the end, but I was happy to see how torpe he was -- I didn't pay much attention to that part of the story when I was reading it since it was about luuuurve (I was just eleven when I read the book!).

All in all, the production made me laugh, cry and feel giddy. I hope all of my batchmates in St. Scho would get to watch it! (The show runs until December 12).

1 comment:

  1. i saw you on rated k through TFC. i heard your name while i was eating then i ran to catch your segment. i saig to my housemates 'eh i know her in blogging.. lol..

    nice one-lovely couple

    merry xmas

    ReplyDelete