Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tagaytay

Tagaytay is just 45 minutes from home so it's a great place to go to for a quick whole-day getaway.

We brought my sister and aunt to Tagaytay last weekend. We left at around 8 in the morning and had time to grab some breakfast at McDonald's SLEX. We arrived at our first stop - Sonya's Garden at past ten in the morning. We went around a bit and got some goodies in the country store and spa shop. I got a takatak -- wood chime that sounds like the street vendor's takatak box. I've yet to hear it takatak though since it hasn't been windy the past few days.

Lily in her pond?

Next stop was supposed to be the Flower Farm, but it was closed so we headed to Leslie's Restaurant for lunch. The bulalo was absolutely delightful! It was exactly how my Dad cooks bulalo. I think I'm going to be just like Markku who raves about Leslie's bulala everytime he gets a chance. I want bulalo!


Beef bulalo... the meat's hiding under the veggies.


Our trip wouldn't be complete without dropping by Starbucks and taking photos of the Taal Volcano. It was a gloomy day, but we were lucky the sun peeked through the clouds after we got some fraps.



For pasalubong shopping, we went to Mahogany Market. My aunt went crazy over fruits and I went crazy over plants and flowers. I have been toiling over my garden the past few months, trying to overcome my very brown thumb. I've admittedly killed a few plants already, experienced pesticide poisoning, but I'm keen to become a green thumbed gardener. And to show my commitment, I've actually started a new blog on gardening -- Gardening for Noobs. My Mom has just been rolling her eyes at my efforts, but she's been a great mentor, and she's my plant emergency room/hospital hehehe. 


One day I will have my own plantation!


I hope to go back before the year ends! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment