Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Made a Quilted Gift for My Doctor

My doctors have been caring for me really well. They are all quite new since I moved back home and had to find new doctors. I always observe their clinics to find clues on what I could possibly gift them. I noticed not all my doctors have patient beds where they do physical checks. One did and had a pillow which I thought needed a new case.




I brought a tape measure and asked permission from my doctor if I could measure the pillow. I told her I wanted to make a throw pillow case for it. The last time I made one was for my cardiologist in Singapore. He was so stoked he actually put my work on a frame. It now hangs in his office (haha). 




I worked on the quilted throw pillow case between my vaccinations (haha). I wanted to make sure I'd be able to give it to her on my next appointment. I made a fairly easy design, but challenged myself by making small heart accents. That's where I got stuck for awhile. It wasn't perfect, but still looked like hearts (haha). I figured the patients who'd see it won't notice anyway since they'll be busy with the doctor. 

I handed it to my doctor and she was happy with the surprise. She immediately asked her assistant to put it on the pillow. Maybe I'll see it next time I come back for my next vaccination :)

Here's how I made the project:


Measurements and how to: https://www.needleadventures.com/2024/09/quilted-throw-pillow-case-for-doctor.html

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment