Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: My Dream Home Filled with My Crafts

Last year I made two sets of curtains for our living room. It wasn't perfect so I thought I'd have a set made professionally just for the living room. Oh boy, I was so shocked when I received the quotation on how much it would cost. The cost was 20 times of how much I spent per set of curtains I made. Of course, the one done professionally is much nicer and it has pleats (something I don't know how to do). 




We have a number of things we still need to fix in our house, so we shelved the idea of having proper curtains. That reminded me about my goal to make things we need at home. Looks like I need to re-order the craft to-do list I made last January. This way I can properly plan what I need and I can review if there are any new skills I need to acquire to make my projects.




Here's what I'll do for the next two quarters:

  • Curtains - summer is coming, so I'll need new block curtains. Hope to find better looking fabric though, something that will make the living room look lighter and airy. 
  • Kitchen curtains - we removed the kitchen curtains when we renovated. The one I made last year was too short, haha. I want the new kitchen curtain to be bright and cheerful. 
  • Throw pillow covers - we don't have any sofas yet, haha. I made two pink throw pillow cases last year. The color of the year is viva magenta, but I've always wanted to make some items in teal. 
  • Misc items
    • Essential oil holders
    • More pot holders
    • Oven gloves
    • Glass holders

I think this list is going to keep me busy for a couple of months. I hope to get things going soon!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment