Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Throwback Thursday: Life Begins at 40

One of the happiest day in my life was when I had my debut at the age of 40, haha. I came across some of the photos while decluttering. It made me smile because a lot of my friends throughout the years were present. I even have friends who flew in to attend! Mom, my boys and the titas I grew up with were three too. Of course, my choir family was complete.




It was a very unique celebration. Sweetie took charge of organizing it and there were a lot of surprises! We selected to do it at the AIM Conference Center because I had good relations with the team managing it. They also have really great food. The venue is also comparably more affordable than hotels, have ample parking space and we could let our hair down there. All the suppliers were also friends which I think is key to having a great celebration. 

My introverted self is always anxious whenever I celebrate my birthday. I don't really like the attention. I remember hiding when I was a child whenever I had birthday parties at home. I only settle down when it's time to eat. 

The party was a whirlwind of surprises. The Gaylas dressed me up as a fairy and then there was a flash mob led by Sweetie. I have videos of the night somewhere. On hindsight, I should have had it edited since I never had the time to edit. Well, I have a gazillion photos from the evening and it's fun to look at it every so often. Core memory ftw!

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment