Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Creative Happy Tuesdays: Christmas is Coming!

After browsing through my quilt books and Pinterest, I finally decided the theme for my holiday quilts. It's going to be all about Santa! I have a pretty ambitious list of things I want to make so I thought I'd make it easy to make. 

It usually takes me 1 to 2 days to just cut fabric, a few hours to piece things together (if I'm using the sewing machine), another day or two to sandwich the quilt and another day or two to prepare and work on  the binding. I found it more efficient to bunch up the work because it's faster. 




Working on a small space forced me to find a more efficient way to enjoy my hobby. My sewing table functions as my cutting area, ironing table, sewing area, sandwiching area and dining area. Yup, since it could get very warm during the day we also eat in the craft room. We used to use the family room, but the lights need to be fixed. 

I'm pretty happy how I assembled the placemats. I just used fabric that I already have and used old mattress protectors instead of wadding. I'm bent also on re-using old sheets as backing (must find ways to save since things are quite expensive nowadays). It will take a bit more time to finish it since I need to figure out how to attach the "belt buckle". I also always procrastinate when it comes to binding because I make them from scratch. 

My seat cover project is currently on a standstill. I was able to piece it together and sandwich it already. I struggled a bit making Santa's moustache. I'm now stuck figuring out how to make the nose and the tip of Santa's hat. I'm still practicing how to make it, so far I'm not happy with the result. 

Have to get moving on my projects since I have to evacuate the craft room by end of the week. I hope the contractor will be ready to install the cabinets next week. Yay!

#BeKind #StaySafe #CreativeHappyTuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment