Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Taho and Manong Jabbar

Manong Jabbar's son-in-law.
I was introduced to taho when I was a child. Manong Jabbar as everyone fondly called him would go around our village on weekends. We'd come running out to the gate when we hear him in his booming voice shout, "Tahooooo!" 

For many years Manong Jabbar did the rounds. Everyone in our village knew him. His real name isn't really Jabbar. He was nicknamed after the basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Mind you, Manong Jabbar is the opposite in height of the basketball player. For many years he brought joy to many households with his taho. 

When Manong Jabbar, his son-in-law took over his taho route. So Miggy and his cousins all enjoyed taho the same way I did when I was growing up. I remembered Manong Jabbar because I dreamt a friend brought me a glass of taho. I woke up wishing I could get some. 


I wonder how our friendly taho sellers are faring back home. I hope and pray they are well and keeping safe. 

CB//*Yr2/33  #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/60 #StayHome #BeKind   

No comments:

Post a Comment