Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Stop the Rush

The nausea is finally gone. I'm not sure what happened, but I suspect the new medication may have interacted with my maintenance. I listened to my body and just rested all day. I'm glad I'm stable since I have to do a scan today and tomorrow to determine treatment. 

Cars rushing around in Rome. This was the first time I saw St. Peter's Basilica.


It took me 18 days to finish my quilt project. It's a cover for my food processor. I took my time to finish the project because I injured my finger a few weeks ago while making a bag. I really take my time when I make my quilt projects. 

I realized my life now is so different from a few months ago. I was always rushing back then to finish many things. I was a master multi-tasker. I enjoyed being productive and accomplishing things that could help. Eventually it was too much for me and my doctors ordered me to slow down, stay offline and rest. 

I took months for me to accept my new pace. I pressured myself to get back up immediately. It didn't happen. When I finally accepted that this is my new normal I learned to stop rushing. When I quilt I relish every stitch that goes into my project. I spend time admiring the trees outside our home. I watch planes pass by through the clouds. I am grateful for every breath I take. 

Honestly I cannot imagine going back to the life I had before I got sick. I am where God wants me to be. And today I ask you, my friend, "Are you too busy? Do you still have time to smell the flowers?" Stop the rush. Relax and enjoy everything God provides for us. 

CB///Yr2/12  #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/39 #StayHome #BeKind  

No comments:

Post a Comment