Pages

Monday, April 19, 2021

Are You at Peace?

"A light heart lives long." - William Shakespeare

Do you sleep well at night? I used to have a hard time sleeping. I tried many tactics to put myself to sleep. The most effective way for me is the 4-7-4 breathing technique. Lately I just lie down, say my prayers and I immediately drift off to sleep. 


I normally start my day now with some spiritual input while eating breakfast. I started doing this in early March. It's made my days more peaceful. This morning I listened to Fr. Jerry Orbos, SVD's reflection on "Matters of the heart. Do not nurture hurt. Life is too short for negative feelings". I like listening to Fr. Jerry because his reflections are very practical and he has a nice sense of humor. 

He asked the question, "Are you at peace?" In his reflection he reminds us to leave all our problems to God. In the last few months I've had a lot of bad days which kept me up at night. The best advise I got from my doctors was to stay offline. It effectively quieted me down and led me to the path of peace. 

Are you at peace my friend? Just lift everything up to Him. 

CB///Yr2/9  #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/36 #StayHome #BeKind  

No comments:

Post a Comment