Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

My Home Panaderia: Putok and Monay

I gave my cleaning lady some putok (Starbread) and monay the last time she visited. When she came today she asked me when was I going to bake again. She said she liked it very much! I'm always nervous about giving away my baked goods. I want it to be perfect before I share it to the world. I'm so glad she liked it.



I ended up making putok and monay because I forgot to add the butter in the first dough when I mixed the ingredients. I only added it just before I laid it to rest. I thought it would fail so I made a second batch which I turned into monay. Both turned out well and Sweetie said the putok was softer. I'm just happy both turned out edible haha.

Here's how I made it and Sweetie's reaction when he tried the bread -



The ingredients -

Yeast Mixture

1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup water
2 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp sugar

Dough

4 cups bread flour or APF
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk powder
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp salted butter

Egg Wash

1 egg
1 Tbsp milk


CB//103 #StuckAtHomeDay/133  #StayHome #BeKind


No comments:

Post a Comment