Pages

Monday, March 16, 2020

We Will Bear this Cross Together

The COVID19 issue has been very stressful the last few days. And stress manifests in my body immediately. I had slight fever yesterday which means I need to rest before going to my PT sessions.

My Kuya called up Saturday night to check on us. He's stuck in Jakarta for now and he had to postpone all his scheduled workshops. He asked me to just work from home for now and pointed out that the WHO said things are going to get worse.

The last few days I've been thinking about why this is happening to all of us. I looked back at the things I've been through growing up - EDSA, coup d'etats, crazy typhoons, volcano eruptions etc. We all took a deep breath and faced things bravely.

The first few weeks when Singapore started to respond to the issue it was stressful. I had to keep calm to make sure I wouldn't get sick from the stress. I realized though that there's only one place where we can find refuge in - Papa God. I survived three illnesses with 10% fatality rate and 2 open heart surgeries. I'm still here, doing what I can to help. My Dad used to tell me that you have to trust in the Lord to navigate your life.

We have had several pandemics all throughout history and some of it killed millions of people. The coronavirus is easily transmitted, but compared to other viruses it is not as lethal according to the WHO. God will not give us anything we cannot bear. There is a lesson coming for all of us here. Maybe it's God's way of having us assess our values, what's important to us, for us to realize what our responsibility to each other is and how we should take care of all the gifts he has given to us.

Kuya shared this to me before we bid goodbye the other night -

Has anyone ever thought that there is a hidden message from God about the COVID-19 outbreak? Reverse COVID-19 ... ( 91 - DIVOC) 91 - Psalm 91 D - Destroy I - Influenza V - Virus O - Outbreak C - Completely Recite Psalm 91 with all your might and spiritual strength 

 
Psalm 91 1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." 3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. 9 If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge-- 10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment