Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Disappointment, Yoda and Confoundables

Disappointment is truly not my cup of tea.

If Dad was alive he'd tell me sternly to just get on with it. I will, but please allow me to wallow in hopelessness for 5 more minutes.

It's one of those days when you just want to crawl in a hole and curl into a ball. It's counter productive though and this is what Yoda has to say -


Forgive me, I just found that quote online. I don't think the quote is an actual quote from Yoda, but it makes a lot of sense. If I cling to the disappointment I'm feeling it's just going to ruin the rest of my day. And time is gold, I don't really want to waste another second wallowing in disappointment.

It's just so hard to let it go when people you were counting on disappoint you.

How I wish that place called "Tacsiyapo" is just around the corner. The last time I was there was 8 years ago and I'm not sure if it still exists. Tacsiyapo is actually a bad word in a local dialect and the place is where angry people go to. For a small price you can throw stuff like plates, glasses and even a TV! The feeling of breaking something when you're frustrated is amazing. I let out the angst a bit by catching Pokemon and zapping confoundables on Harry Potter.

It wasn't enough and that's why I'm writing this blog post. Writing after all calms me down almost instantly. The hugs from my boys also helped a lot.

And now I've run out of steam. What about you? What do you do to be un-disappointed?

(My photo above was happy me before my day went blah...).

PS I wrote this post last night and just publishing it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment