My heart breaks for the parents of school age kids. The world is entirely different from what it was when my child was younger. I cannot imagine how we'd cope.
I spoke to my son briefly about what happened. I told him it was a good thing the internet wasn't as "sophisticated" as it is now. He agreed and gave a good insight.
He said it's not just the games that's causing it. He said there are groups/chats/topics that's influencing kids. He mentioned the word "manosphere".
It's my first time to hear that term, so I asked what it was about. He gave me homework to read up about "Andrew Tate". He's supposedly the one who coined the term and is pretty controversial.
I did a little reading before writing this post. I realized, there's a lot I don't understand from the younger generation. Pretty much like how my parents were with me. I'll read more about it, but perhaps us parents need to communicate more and meddle in the lives of our child/children. My parents sure did.
Take care everyone and hold your love ones closer.
#BeKind #StaySafe
No comments:
Post a Comment