Pages

Friday, August 28, 2026

A New Era

It's my birthday today and I honestly feel like a new chapter of my life has opened. It feels comparably different from when I became a golden girl last year. I didn't celebrate last year because of the accident* and I focused my time on physiotherapy. 


First Birthday


Anyway, we had a brief respite from the southwest monsoon (Habagat) for a few days, but it's back and we received an orange rainfall alert this afternoon. I checked and so far, no flooding in our city and the metro. It's nonetheless still very hard to get around when it's raining. Good thing we just ordered some food and it arrived before things can start going crazy. 




As a child, I never really liked parties. I remember I'd even hide when guests started arriving. I'm an introvert, so the attention was overwhelming. I still feel the same and I just celebrate with smaller groups. I didn't plan any since I wasn't sure about the weather. 




After 5 years, I think I've finally accepted the fact that I'm retired. I had been so anxious about it, but the Nile is not just a river in Egypt. Acceptance is key and now I'm enjoying my time. There are days when I'm unstable and that's just how things are nowadays for me. I just follow my doctor's orders to be stable and be healthy (as healthy as I can be). 




So, what's next for me? I don't have any "grand plans" and I'm just taking things one day at a time. All my "projects" are "home"-based:

  • Currently working on a Baby Yoda quilt 
  • I have gardening goals which isn't moving much right now because of the weather
  • Still blogging everyday and need to do that long overdue mitral valve replacement
  • Biggest project to complete in the next six months, move to our forever home. Then, sell our current home (we hope someone buys it sooner than later!)
  • And most important for me is to make more happy memories with my boys
All my "projects" depend on God's Will and grace for me. I have accepted my reality that my world will be smaller compared to what it used to be. It's fine, I've had my fun the past three decades. Perhaps it's also time to write the book I started during the pandemic? Hmm... we'll see. 

Happy birthday to me!

#BeKind #StaySafe


*Fell down a step and had a knee contusion

No comments:

Post a Comment