Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just Do It

When I was taking up my masters in business administration they taught us a lot of fancy buzz words. They made us read through tons of books, solve many different cases (which I loved to do!) and churn out feasibility studies. I didn't have a social life for 2 years because of that, but I'm glad I sacrificed because at 25 I already earned my MBA.

And that was a decade ago already! I thought by now I would've earned my DBA already, but I just haven't had the time to enroll. I'm not giving up though.

Anyway, I did learn a lot from business school and I got to use it when I shifted careers. I had to learn though how to make compressed versions of marketing and business plans. Thirty-paged plans certainly impressed my bosses, but they only had time to two pages of it. So I honed my craft and pretty soon the things I thought would be best for my brand was getting approvals.

That's when I realized that you don't really need all those fancy words to be recognized for your talents and skills. You just need to learn how to speak the language of your approving authority and an excellent implementor of plans. And maintaining relationships is still key (this is something I'm still struggling with).

Well... this was just a brain fart a decade after earning my MBA. Just Do It.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    You can really tell if a person is good on something if he/she is able to convert difficult things in the simplest way. Kudos to you for learning and mastering the craft of simplicity. After all, why make things complicated if you can make it simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go! Me, i am still struggling to put myself on the next level where I wanna be.

    ReplyDelete