Gawad Kalinga and the Philippine Red Cross has started relief operations and you can send help for the following:
1. Monetary - US$350/PhP15,000 for roof repairs
2. Food - rice, easy to open canned goods, sardines, noodles and other non-perishable food items
3. Hygiene kit - toothbrush and toothpaste, bath soap, sanitary napkin, shampoo, towel and alcohol
4. Non-food items - mats, blankets, mosquito nets, jerry cans, and tents
Gawad Kalinga: Rice, easy to open canned goods and noodles. PhP15,000 (US$350) per house. Direct donations to PRO Friends Bldg. 55 Tinio St., Barangay Addition Hills, Mandaluyong City.
The Philippine Red Cross: Monetary donations can be sent through bank deposit (details at http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow) and in-kind donations should be brought to the PRC headquarters (you can also make arrangement with them for pick-up).
If you need help or would like to report something, you can get in touch with the following:
- Philippine National Red Cross (143), +(632) 527-0000
- Isabela Chapter operations center hotline: +(6378) 622-3248
- La Union Chapter operations center hotline: +(6372) 700-5161
- Go to GMA News TV and post complete addresses and names of people in need of immediate help.
- Go to ABS-CBN News and post updates and safety tips, including photos and video. You may also email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post at bmpm.abs-cbnnews.com, or at the BMPM Facebook page or Twitter account.