Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cherry Mobile Launches Android Phones and Tablet

Last night I had the privilege of attending the launch of the first local branded line of Android phones. Cherry Mobile showcased last night their own set of Android phones and tablet.

Yes, you read it right TABLET. The very first locally branded Android tablet available in the Philippines.

When I tweeted about this bit of news I got a lot of questions about it. And thanks to Reggie of Cherry Mobile, I got a personalized demo of the Android tablet which I managed to upload via mobile internet! Here's the video -



Here are a couple of things why I am interested to buy an Android tablet:

1. The OS. I have gotten used to my Android phone and it definitely made my life easier since I don't need to lug around my laptop that much when I go out.

2. The camera. I am very much interested to use the tablet to blog! I wasn't so active in uploading photos on Facebook before I got my Android phone. Things changed after I got my phone and I have since been sharing photos on Facebook and Twitter regularly.

3. E-book reader. A colleague of mine introduced me to Kindle last year and I wanted to get one, but found it quite expensive. I actually still bring books whenever I go out (and that's why I have huge bags!). This means I don't need to lug around books anymore!

4. Docs and spreadsheets. Most (if not all) of my documents are on the cloud. One of the things I liked about Reggie's demo was when he started typing rapidly on the tablet. I oftentimes need a pad or notebook to write down stuff whenever my muse bugs me and then I end up re-typing it. With the tablet I won't need to do any re-typing!

5. And it's a phone too! You can connect to the internet not only via wifi, but also thru 3G! Awesome.

Now I have to save up to buy this thing. For more information, price and specs about Cherry Mobile's line of Android phones, please visit YouGotTech.com.