Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Top Priorities for 2008
I don't really make new year's resolutions. Why? Because I don't live up to it most of the time and I respond better to targeting project goals rather than emo stuff. I wasn't able to complete all the stuff I targeted last year for one reason or another, but I do know I pushed myself to the limit the whole year. I just have to do much better this year. My boss once advised that I should always target more than what I think I should be able to deliver and not what I am comfortable doing. That way I'd be able to push myself to the limit and deliver more. Sound advise indeed.
I haven't really thought much about what I want to do specifically this year, but the following just came to me the past few days:
1. Go to at least 10 local destinations I have not seen before. BUT! Pace my travels so-much-so that I don't end up in 3 cities within 1 week.
2. Learn to cook 12 dishes (that's one per month, a tall order since the only thing I know how to cook is spaghetti).
3. Acquire video editing skills (that's why I created You Got Tech with a couple of friends). Finish reading all the books I did not finish reading last year.
4. Be more organized. And I don't mean by my standards. Ask any of my former colleagues and my Mom and they'll be able to vouch for my organized chaos principle.
5. Establish at least 2 other sources of income. I have 7 more years to complete a bet with my Kuya.
6. Bring Miguel to another local destination. I don't think I'll manage to bring him to an international destination this year.
7. Target to increase savings by 100%.
8. Establish better communication within my clan. I realized after our reunion yesterday that our numbers are dwindling and someone needs to put a spark back to our reunions, so I'm appointing myself since I'm the youngest in our clan.
9. Be of better service to others through the charities I am working with. Perhaps go back to doing our Parish newsletter.
10. Exceed my work deliverables.
And check on this post every month - I think I'll make a reminder-alarm for it in my Google calendar just to be sure.
Happy new year everyone! Hope you had a fabulous holiday (even though our Christmas season officially ends on Sunday pa)!