Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Miracle Sundays: Don't Beg for Love

We were busy all day clearing up space for the workers tomorrow, so it's going to be a short reflection today. I chanced upon this post by The Feast Official on IG yesterday. It spoke to me because I finally realized why a part of me always felt incomplete. 

I was only ten years when my sister flew out of the nest. She left for the US to study. She also got married there. Since 1985, I've only seen her less than 5 times. My brother got married when I was 13 and soon got busy with his own family. I saw him at least once or twice a year even when he moved to another country. The last time my family was complete was during my wedding. That was almost 13 years ago.  

Before I met Sweetie, I took a long break from being in a relationship. I had been making bad decisions on who to love. It was a good thing I took a break because I learned to love and value myself. I went into relationships where I always felt I wasn't enough. The last one reached the point where my parents talked to me and told me he wasn't the right guy. 

Those bad decisions stemmed from feeling abandoned by my siblings. It's not their fault they were much older than me (16 and 13 years older). They were already well on their way to adulthood when I was still going through my terrible twos. They already had their own families when I was in high school. I skipped growing up with siblings to tita-hood.  

I think I turned out okay anyway. Made a lot of mistakes. Got hurt and disappointed many times. But life is beautiful. I have what I need and I know God always has my back. Appreciate what you have and be grateful for those people in your life who really show you that they care. Don't ever beg for love. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment