Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

How I Keep My Composure

The last few months have been hard for me. I was getting sick from too much stress. I had to visit a doctor almost every week to work on my asthma. It was getting really bad and things culminated last Sunday when I had to be brought to the emergency room (aptly called A&E in Singapore). It took about four hours before they discharged me. I missed attending our quarterly review. I felt so miserable because I haven't been able to breathe properly in the last few months.

My family have been very supportive. I know they have been extremely worried about the state of my health. They are the ones who keep me afloat. It would have been easy to just give up and just make a mess of myself, but my boys have made sure I always keep my composure. That's why I love them to bits. They have been my constant guardian angels.

Very few people can detect my moods. Just a handful can determine if I'm going through something. I really appreciate my friends who check on me when they know I'm not doing well. I see them as my guardian angels since they usually steer me to the right path of thinking. I'm a worrywart and when I spiral down that path it eventually makes me sick. My friends don't know it, but they usually say the right things to remind me to respond instead of reacting.

I think I finally turned around last Tuesday. My family and friends have been praying for me. I think I'm back to my old self after having some Jollibee last Wednesday. I just hope and pray though that I will be able to manage my stress better so that my health can improve. Please pray for me too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment